General Terms and Conditions of Office24 Ltd.
Article 1 - Scope of Service
- Office24 Ltd. shall provide secretarial services in accordance with the contractually selected rate and in agreement with the client. Inasmuch an agreement is not possible in individual cases; Office24 Ltd. shall provide its services in a manner which corresponds to the supposed will of the client.
- There shall be no claim to the issuance of certain telephone numbers. Office24 Ltd. shall remain the owner of all rights in and obligations for the issued target telephone numbers; the client shall have in particular no claim to the transfer of these telephone numbers after termination of the agreement. If the client redirects telephone calls from his previous connections to these target numbers, the redirection line necessary for this is not part of the subject matter of this contractual relationship with Office24 Ltd.
- The text for the personalised call answering can be defined and altered by the client at any time. It can also include simple business transactions (acceptance of orders, issuance of simple information) inasmuch as these comply with a previously determined scheme which can be standardised simply for Office24 Ltd. Office24 Ltd. reserves the right to limit the type and scope of the text to an extent appropriate for the contractual relationship. Any individual sales or consultancy services on behalf of the client by staff members of Office24 Ltd. are excluded.
- Office24 Ltd. assures that it will take all reasonable measures to enable the aforementioned services to be provided in the contractually agreed scope at all times. Amongst other things, it shall make sure, by training the staff members and other quality assurance measures that the telephone transmission services and the other services offered are carried out with the utmost care.
- Office24 Ltd. cannot accept any warranty for the fact that it is prevented from providing its services in individual cases through force majeure or the fault of third parties for example congestion of the telephone network. In such cases it undertakes all reasonable and technically possible measures to eliminate the reason of obstruction as soon as possible.
Article 2 - Obligations and Responsibilities of the Client
- The client undertakes neither to use services of Office24 Ltd. for calling up nor for spreading content which violates statutory provisions no matter of which type. The client shall also avoid any impression in legal business transactions, the content of which the client is responsible for, that could be attributed to Office24 Ltd.
- As soon as the client has any reason to believe that information has possibly been passed on incompletely, incorrectly or, in respect to content, unclearly by staff members of Office24 Ltd., it is his responsibility to eliminate disparities to a reasonable extent - by querying the caller and/or other measures suitable here to prevent any threatening damage or to keep such damage as low as possible. This shall apply in particular if the information concerns transactions which can have appreciable economic or other effects for the business operations of the client or his contractual partners.
- The client is obligated to inform Office24 Ltd. immediately of any alterations with respect to the legal status of the business, the representatives of the business, the address or the banking details of the business.
- The client is not allowed to resell the services rendered by Office24 Ltd. without written prior approval of Office24 Ltd.
Article 3 - Service Charges
- The first month basic charge is free and includes assets amounting to 25 GBP for service charges in the first month. If the service charges exeed the limit of 25 GBP the client has to pay only these exceeding charges for the first month.
- If the client continues to make use of the service of Office24 Ltd. after the first month, the service charges consist of a monthly basic charge for the provision of the services stated in article 1 and the individual charges dependent on use plus the currently valid VAT. The basic charges shall be due monthly in advance. The individual service charges will become due on expiry of the month in which the services were used. The key date for the invoice is the calendar date of commencement of the agreement. It can be changed to another key date by Office24 Ltd.
- If payment is not made within 7 days of the due date Office24 Ltd. will charge an additional administration fee, plus interest on the sum due, from the date when such payment was due until the date of actual payment at the base rate of Bank of England + 12% per annum, calculated on a daily basis. Such interest shall accrue from day to day and shall be compounded annually. Furthermore, in certain circumstances we may disclose such failure to pay to a debt collection agency or a credit reference agency.
- Office24 Ltd. reserves the right to alter the service charges. It can make an increase in particularly for the case that it is itself subject to price increases by third parties (telecommunication companies, text message providers) or through other cost factors arising in customary operation. Office24 Ltd. shall announce any planned increase to the client at least two months before it comesinto force. In this case the client shall have the right within the period stated in article 5 clause 2 to termination, something which does not have to be indicated in the notice of the price increase as it is not connected with any deviation from other termination periods. There shall be no claim to continuation of the contractual relationship at the previous conditions.
Article 4 - Limitation of Liability
- Office24 Ltd. shall use reasonable skill and care in providing its services. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, Office24 Ltd. disclaims liability for any mistakes made in connection with the call answering and secretary services to the extent permitted by law, any further representations (except misrepresentations made fraudulently), warranties, conditions or other terms.
- Office24 Ltd. shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence), statutory duty or collaterally or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or Office24 Ltd. for consequential, indirect or special loss, damage or any economic loss (including loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), in each case whether or not advised of the possibility of such loss or damage and howsoever incurred.
- The maximum liability of Office24 Ltd. in contract, tort (including negligence), statutory duty or collaterally or otherwise arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or, shall, in respect of one or more events or series of events (whether connected or unconnected) taking place within any twelve month period be limited to the greater of 50 GBP or the sums paid by the client in such period.
- notwithstanding any provision of these terms and conditions:
a) your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected
b) we will liable to the client without limit for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence and to the extent that liability arises under Part 1 or section 41 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and for liability arising from statements made fraudulently by us.
Article 5 - Cancellation/Termination
- In the first month the client has the right to cancel his registration to the services of Office24 any time by writing, fax or email to [email protected]
- After this period the client may terminate this agreement at any time by giving us 30 days notice from his next billing date by writing, Fax or emailing to [email protected] He may also terminate this agreement by giving us 14 days notice from the date on which we change or supplement these terms and conditions. Non-utilisation of the services of Office24 Ltd. by the client cannot replace termination in the aforesaid sense even if this continues for a longer period of time.
- Office24 Ltd. may terminate the Agreement immediately for any reason including, without limitation, for lack of use or if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these terms and conditions. The monthly basic charges are non refundable. We may suspend or terminate your use of Office24 until you have made all payments due.
Article 6 - General
- If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on office24.co.uk then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the European Union.